Sunday, October 14, 2012

Birchbox - Oct 2012

{What was in this month's box}:
Ouidad Hydrafusion Intense Curl Cream
Sprout Lip Balm Flights
Supergoop! City Sunscreen Serum
(MALIN+GOETZ) Grapefruit Face Cleanser
(MALIN+GOETZ) Bergamot Body Wash
LUNA Bar

Click below to read my review!


Ouidad Hydrafusion Intense Curl Cream
I love Ouidad products, so I was pretty happy to see this one coming my way. The curl quencher may not necessarily have quenched my curls, but it did help them hold their curl better. Would I buy this in store? I'm not sure, but that's because I have products that work similarly. If you are looking for a product to help your curls stay curled without being too greasy or heavy, this is definitely something to look into.


Sprout Lip Balm Flights
I am a lip balm girl. No matter how many lip balms I own, I will always be on the lookout for something new. I received Sprout's lip balm in Cocoa. When I first put some on, I was immediately turned off by the taste. It is initially a strong off-chocolate taste, which does fade, but leaves a bit of a smelly after-effect. I wasn't too big of a fan of the smell/taste, but as a balm it does work! It is hydrating, while not having that caked on effect that some lip balms have -- it is very light. I'm intrigued by the other flavors they have and may try one of those out in the future. I just didn't dig the Cocoa.


Supergoop! City Sunscreen Serum
Not too interested in trying this out, but I have been a little lazy in my everyday makeup routine lately. Sunscreen is a big deal throughout the year (not just during summer) and this really is something I should be adding to my daily routine. Still...*grumble*


(MALIN+GOETZ) Grapefruit Face Cleanser
I've said before that I dislike these tiny packet samples for skincare, because they are too small to know what effects they will have on your skin with longterm use. Phew, was that a long sentence? With that said, I am excited to try this, because I've been looking for a new cleanser.


(MALIN+GOETZ) Bergamot Body Wash
My body is very sensitive to scented body washes, so I'm not able to try this out. I do appreciate the sample size, which should last for at least a few washes. It has a pleasant lemon scent.


LUNA Bar
The mythical LUNA bar has finally showed up in one of my boxes! I received the flavor Lemon Zest, which doesn't sound too bad. I'll probably chow down on this one tomorrow on my way to school.

This month's box was a collaboration between Birchbox and goop.com. The collaboration aspect was a bit of a question mark for me. I loved this month's box, but I don't see how this box is different from a regular Birchbox. I wish there had been a bit more effort to set this month's boxes apart and make the items a bit more interesting. 

You can subscribe to Birchbox through my referral link {here} or go to Birchbox.com

What did you think of October's Birchbox? What was in your box?

-Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Giggle Blush

Pin It button on image hover