Thursday, December 5, 2013

Maybelline Fall 2013 Lipsticks


Out of the four limited edition Fall 2013 lipsticks released by Maybelline, I picked up only two: "Violet Intrigue" and "Lavender Voltage." I was very conflicted by the swatches I'd seen online. It seemed like the lipsticks would either be a hit or a big miss.

I'm glad I took the chance on these. They are a lot more flattering than I thought they'd be.

Click below to see the swatches!


Violet Intrigue, Lavender Voltage




Violet Intrigue, Lavender Voltage


Violet Intrigue

"Violet Intrigue" is very pink-plummy on the lips. From the two lipsticks, I found this one to be very flattering. 



Lavender Voltage

"Lavender Voltage" looks a bit similar to "Violet Intrigue" from the swatches. On the lips, it's actually a lot more purple. I was actually hoping for a much darker purple, but this shade is nice. It's a great way to try out a purple lip without it being too overpowering. 



Price: $6-8
Where to Buy: Walgreens, CVS

-Claudia

1 comment:

Disqus for Giggle Blush

Pin It button on image hover