Tuesday, March 19, 2013

New Revlon Lip Butters!

I heard about the new shades a few months back and have been waiting *patiently* for the shades to arrive in stores. Well, I finally came across some empty stacks at Target a few days ago and I knew it was time to hit the pavement and find these beauties.

Today I came across three of the new four shades and left with all three, though I hadn't intended to! I did not purchase Pink Lemonade (not only because it wasn't there), because although I'm sure it's a beautiful shade, my lips are so dark that I don't think the color would work on me.

Click below to see the new lip butters and swatches!



So, my makeup obsessed friends, here are the new shades: 
Juicy Papaya, Wild Watermelon, Sorbet


Juicy Papaya, Wild Watermelon, Sorbet

Juicy Papaya

Just glancing at the tube, you might think Juicy Papaya is similar to Tutti Fruitti. After swatching, however, I found that Juicy Papaya had a lot more in common with Peach Parfait. Juicy Papaya is a sheer, pinky-peach hybrid. It is very light and natural looking. 


Peach Parfait vs Juicy Papaya

The biggest difference between the two is that Peach Parfait contains shimmer. Juicy Papaya is less pink. 


Here's a swatch of Tutti Fruitti to show just how different they are:


Wild Watermelon

Wild Watermelon is a gorgeous raspberry red shade. I thought it might be too similar to Candy Apple, but as you can see below, Candy Apple is a lot more red. Wild Watermelon was a lot more sheer than I thought it'd be, so you really have to pack it on to get a more intense color.


Wild Watermelon vs Candy Apple


Sorbet

I knew from the start I'd be picking this shade up, because I don't own any lip butter that comes close to this shade. It is within that same raspberry pink family, but can be toned down to a beautiful pink raspberry color that I think is ultra flattering. 
Juicy Papaya, Wild Watermelon, Sorbet

Price: $6-8
Where to buy: So far I've only spotted these at Target!

Have you spotted the new lip butters? Which are your favorites?

-Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Giggle Blush

Pin It button on image hover