Sunday, April 29, 2012

Birchbox - April 2012

It's been a while since I've posted! I've been working hard to finish up this school semester with all A's. I just have one more week to go, which is why I haven't been here in a few weeks.

Here's my review for April's Birchbox.





















{What was in the box}:
Atelier Cologne - Orange Sanguine Cologne Absolue
Befine Skincare Sampler
Olle Biologique - 004 Huile Moderne
Revolution Organics Freedom Glow beauty balm
Le Palais des Thes - Tea bags


Orange Sanguine Cologne Absolue
I'm not a big fan of perfume. That's just something I'm very picky about, but I don't mind when that's included simply for that. If you're looking for a review on perfume, I'm probably not the one to ask. I'm just not a perfume person, haha. This particular one was a bit strong for me. It smells very citrusy (hey! orange!!) and a bit like Abercrombie and Fitch stores. Not a bad, but it's not really what I tend to go for.


Befine Skincare Sampler

I was pretty excited to try this out...until I tried it, had it leak out of the package almost entirely, and then realized the entire package was expired. From 2010!


Olle Biologique, Multitasker Oil

This oil can be used all over (hair, face, AND body). So far, I've only used it on my hair, as that seems the best place to gauge how well these products work...at least, in my opinion. I've been using this and last month's Kerastase Elixier Ultime every other day after showering, and it seems like the Olle Biologique product works best for my hair. Unfortunately, I have a LOT of hair, so I don't know that I see myself purchasing the full size product ($56) simply because it takes so much of the product to get it through my hair.


Revolution Organics Freedom Glow beauty balm

This was the product I was most excited about to receive in my box and it was such a let down! As you can see from the swatch, it is incredibly flakey which makes it a hassle to work with. It looks fine when blended into the skin, but I don't see myself sweeping this across my lips or cheeks while I'm on the run, which is what I was hoping for.















Le Palais des Thes, tea bags
This was an extra, which I still have yet to use but I appreciated because I love tea! Even if I dislike these, I love trying new teas!

I was initially excited to try out a few of the products, but overall, I was pretty disappointed with this month's box. The box actually had a few nice items (the beauty balm and multitasker oil), but the expired sampler was very disappointing. I'm torn between cutting the service and just keeping it. I don't think next month's box will be a dealbreaker, unless it's terrible. Until then! :)

What did you think about this month's box? What was in your box?

You can subscribe to Birchbox from my referral link {here} or on Birchbox.com

-Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Giggle Blush

Pin It button on image hover