Thursday, June 28, 2012

Birchbox - June 2012

{What was in this month's box}:
Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream
Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner
theBalm cosmetics Stainiac
BAND-AID Brand Adhesive Bandages by Cynthia Rowley
Melvita Floral Water
John Varvatos Star USA

Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream
Upon first opening my box, my husband laughed at the size of this tiny sample. My justification for the size of this item is that the theme for this month is jetsetting. Even so, I wish this had been a bigger size. At least when it comes to skincare, I don't feel that a sample of this size can show me how my skin will react to it.

I find the smell pleasant. It's almost reminiscent of vaporub, but in a good way! It's not overpowering in a way a lot of skincare can be, so I feel this is something I can use on a daily basis and not just for when my skin needs serious moisturizing. After using this moisturizer, my skin does feel softer. This may be a product to look into later.

Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner
I've been using exclusively pencil/gel liners lately, so it was refreshing to receive Eyeko's liquid liner. It is incredibly pigmented! I had never used a pencil liner before and I find it easier to use than the regular liquid liner wands. Wands? I'm not sure if there's a technical term for those. Point is, I like this liner!

theBalm cosmetics Stainiac
I was SUPER excited and crossing my fingers to get this in my box. Finally, my good luck kicks in! This was the first stain I'd ever tried and I absolutely loved it. It's a great color that I think will flatter across all skin tones, as well as long lasting and versatile. 


BAND-AID Brand Adhesive Bandages by Cynthia Rowley

These are beautiful, but I can't bring myself to use any of them!

Melvita Floral Water
This smells like...floral water! I'm not a big fan of strong scents, but I've read a lot about floral water being used for a variety of things (from freshening up to toner). 


John Varvatos Star USA

I believe this was a Birchbox extra. This is actually a men's cologne, which I passed on to my husband and...he lost. Haha, but he did enjoy the scent!

This was a really great box this month! There were a few great finds that I'll be looking into for possible  replacements later on. This box also reminded me of what these services are all about: trying new things. 

You can purchase a Birchbox subscription through my referral link {here} or Birchbox.com

What did you think about this month's Birchbox? What was in your box?

-Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Giggle Blush

Pin It button on image hover