Sunday, August 26, 2012

Birchbox - August 2012

{What was in this month's box}:
Miss Jessie's Original Curly Meringue
Miss Jessie's Original Creme de la Creme Conditioner
TALIKA Lipolis Expert
Juicy Couture Viva la Juicy La Fleur
Sabon Foot Cream
Schick Hydro Silk Razor
Miss Jessie's Original Curly Meringue
This stuff smells amazing. It smells like sour apple raspados (Mexican snow cones) and coconut. That may not sound appealing to some of you (or it may just sound odd), but it's a nostalgic smell for me. It reminds me of my childhood and going to the park with my family. Possibly not what Birchbox had in mind, but hey..that's a plus for me! I'm always happy to receive hair creams, because my hair is very thick, dry, and wavy on the verge of curly. Without creams, this basically means FRIZZ!! This cream leaves my hair very soft. 

Miss Jessie's Original Creme de la Creme Conditioner
I'll be honest, I haven't opened this yet. I don't like opening these packet type samples and not having a container to put them in. A lot of it ends up going to waste. I'm very optimistic about this conditioner from how well the Meringue worked. I've also read other reviews on how well this has worked for them, so I'm pretty excited to try it out!

TALIKA Lipolis Expert
I have pretty long lashes already, so this is not a product I would actively search for. I have yet to try it, because I'm just not sure about this lash enhancement products. Especially before seeing any reviews on how they work. According to Birchbox's website, TALIKA's product is made with "botanical ingredients" as opposed to chemicals used in other such products. Still, I'm not going to jump on trying this just yet, especially when I'm pretty happy with the lashes I have now. 

Juicy Couture Viva la Juicy La Fleur
I like this scent. It's very sweet and citrusy. La Fleur is fresh and light. Not too overpowering. Definitely something I can see myself wearing in school.

Sabon Foot Cream
How did Birchbox know I was searching for a foot cream?! I swear, lately their boxes have been spot on! My feet have been a bit worse for wear after all the sandals and walking on gravel after a day of heels. Yeah, I know...not great! I've been using this at night before bed and the smell is very relaxing. 

Schick Hydro Silk Razor
I've used Schick razors before and love them, so I was happy to see this as an added extra. I can always use extras for those summer months, am I right?


Overall, this was a great box! I've been really happy with Birchbox as of late. This month, Birchbox teamed up with an organization called Pencils of Promise which helps bring schools and educational programs to children around the world. Throughout the month of August, Birchbox promised to donate 15% of all sales to Pencils of Promise. There are still a few days left to make a difference!

You can subscribe to Birchbox through my referral link {here} or Birchbox.com

What did you think of this month's box? What was in your box?

-Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Giggle Blush

Pin It button on image hover