Monday, May 28, 2012

Birchbox - May 2012

I received the May Birchbox earlier this month, but I'm just now getting around to writing the review!

{Here's what was in this month's box}:
Caudalie hand and nail cream
FusionBeauty LipFusion balm conditioning stick
Ojon damage reverse Restorative Conditioner
Perfume sample, Arquiste Flor y Canto


Caudalie hand and nail cream
I've never been a 'nail person,' but it's something I've been exploring more lately. It may be a combination of this nail cream and Essie's protein base coat, but my nails have never felt more durable. I'm glad I received this item in the box. This is definitely a product I would never have purchased on my own.


FusionBeauty LipFusion balm conditioning stick 

I was initially intrigued by the inclusion of this lip balm, but it was a let down. I don't feel it does anything, honestly, and the taste is another put off. This is not a product I would ever use again or purchase.


Ojon damage reverse Restorative Conditioner

My hair has been noticeably softer lately, but I believe it's due to the hair products I received in previous Birchboxes. I don't know that this product is doing much to my hair at this point, but this is a review that could change when I've used it more.


Perfume sample, Arquiste Flor y Canto

I'm not a big fan of perfume samples, simply because (have I mentioned this before?) I don't like strong scents. It's just not my thing. This particular scent smells a bit like musky shower gel. It's not quite soft enough for my liking, so I don't think I'll get much use out of it.

I think my expectations were set a bit high for this month, because it was the Gossip Girl crossover box. I expected to see better items and meaning behind the selection of items. I don't see the tie-ins to the show and was so disappointed I briefly considered cancelling. What saved this sample service was the past hair products I've received, which I LOVE. So it gets another few months. Here we go...

You can purchase a Birchbox subscription through my referral link {here} or on Birchbox.com

What did you think of this month's box? What was in your box?

-Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Giggle Blush

Pin It button on image hover