Sunday, January 15, 2012

Myglam - January 2012


Today I received my very first MyGlam bag! I signed up last month, too late for December's bag, but just in time for this one. As far as I know, subscription availability is on and off, because the program is run by a group of Youtube makeup gurus and this is their first time taking on a project like this. If you're interested, follow their twitter (they seem to be the best at updates there) or their facebook (they've had quite a few giveaways already).

This is my first month receiving the MyGlam bag and, while I think it could have been better, I'm satisfied.

Included this month:
Freeman Cucumber Facial Peel-off Masque
Wen Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner
theBalm Cosmetics nail polish in Hot Ticket
Sheer Cover Duo Concealer in Medium













Freeman Cucumber Facial Peel-off Masque
  • After having used it once, I can't say whether I like it or not. So, I'll start with the basics. I love that the girls included a full size bottle of this masque. I think it's especially hard to see the longterm effects for skin products without having a full size or "deluxe" size version of the product. I feel these subscription services are all about trying new things and I've never used a peel-off masque before, so this product was a huge plus for me.
  • I wasn't a fan of the smell, but there may be a better smelling alternative. Who knows?
     
  • The application was very messy. Not because of the process, but because the bottle kept dripping the masque everywhere! It made it difficult to apply the masque, because I was trying not to make a mess while applying. (My suggestion to them would be to get another container, because IMO this one is no good).
     
  • The overall decision on this masque is still up in the air, because after one use I don't see that big of an improvement or change (good or bad). If I had to decide right now, I'd say I'm not too impressed by this masque.

Wen Sweet Almond Mint Cleansing Conditioner
  • I switched out my regular conditioner (Organix Coconut Milk Conditioner) today to try out Wen's. Again, this is another product I'll have to try more than once to decide whether I like it or not. I'm very happy with my shampoo, but have been wanting to try a different conditioner, so I'm glad this was included in the bag.
theBalm Cosmetics nail polish in Hot Ticket
  • I'll admit it: I haven't used this yet! I'm not a big fan of nail polish. I usually go for the classic french tip or even more classic lazy-no-polish. I definitely do plan on wearing it this week, though! Who knows? I may end up liking this color or, if not, liking the quality and ending up purchasing a different polish. :)
  • It seems like it would work for most, if not all skintones. Also, this is a GREAT polish for Summer!

Sheer Cover Duo Concealer in Medium
  • I was a little disappointed to receive this concealer in the bag, because I just spent the last week looking for a new one...and bought it a few days ago.
  • The colors are a bit off. I wish they had been customized to each subscriber's needs, but I know that's a lot to ask (especially for a low-cost sub service that is just starting out). I'm glad that for me the colors aren't too far off the mark, but disappointed for those girls who it won't work for; if you are any darker than I am, more than likely it won't work for you.

**Overall, I'm simply 'satisfied' for now, because I like the products that were included but I do have to use them a few more times in order to see if they work for me or not.

ALSO,

A lot of people were disappointed the masque was included because it isn't a high-end brand, but MyGlam never promised subscribers exclusively high-end brands. Their program is about giving their subscribers access to brands and products they might not have tried yet..and that's exactly what this entire bag was for me. I would have never tried any of these products and that alone, or their price in stores, does not make it a bad product.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Giggle Blush

Pin It button on image hover