Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Birchbox - July 2012; Collab with Glamour

{In this month's box}:
Gloss Moderene High Gloss Masque
Ada Cosmetics Bronzer in Golden
stila It's Go Time Lip Glaze, in Camera
Harvey Prince Hello
Birchbox headphones
LARABAR uber, Bananas Foster


GLOSS Moderne High Gloss Masque

I have yet to use this, because I had a bit of a hair dye fiasco and I'm trying not to take any more chances before my sister's wedding next month. The masque smells lovely, very coconutty and I can't wait to use it.

Ada Cosmetics Bronzer in Golden
As someone who's never used pigment products, I was a bit perplexed as to how to use this. I ended up asking my sister, who uses Bare Escentuals and the like. For those of you who are as clueless about this as I was, you simply:
      • take the bronzer (or pigment)
      • flip it over (lid facedown)
      • tap it
      • then use the product that's on the lid
The bronzer was, surprisingly, not too shimmery. I found it a bit light to be used as a contour product (which is what I was hoping for), but it's a beautiful copper-bronze enhancing shade for my dark beige skin tone. It can also be used as eyeshadow or mixed into foundation for a subtle all-over glow.

stila It's Go Time Lip Glaze, in Camera
I've never tried any of stila's products, but I do constantly play with them at Sephora, so I was pretty excited to receive this in this month's box. I'm not a big fan of sticky glosses and this one is definitely that. This was another item that surprised me. I saw the glitter in the tube and was instantly turned off, but once applied, it looks much more natural. Very similar to my lip tone, but with a subdued amount of glitter. 

Harvey Prince Hello
As always, here's your non-perfuming lover review on perfume. The scent was a bit too strong for me. It was very sweet smelling and had it been more toned down, would have definitely been something I would wear. I'm sure a lot of you girls will love this scent, if you prefer a sweet but more strong smelling scent.

Birchbox headphones
I was super excited to receive this in my box, as my personal headphones had recently konked out. They are a super cute pattern. As far as sound quality goes, I didn't expect them to be knockout quality and they weren't. They aren't BAD quality, but just don't have a lot of sound depth. Definitely headphones that will last for daily use.

LARABAR uber, Bananas Foster
There's a reason why it's not pictured and that's because...I ate it! I've read reviews on the inclusion of snack items in the past, so I was a bit wary about this and expecting to hate it. Boy was I wrong! I absolutely loved this snack bar and welcome the possibility of receiving it in the future, haha. 

I really enjoyed this month's box, not only because of the fun concept (see it, hear it, feel it, smell it, taste it), but because I genuinely loved the box.

You can subscribe to Birchbox through my referral link {here} or Birchbox.com

What did you think of this month's Birchbox? What was in your box?

-Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Giggle Blush

Pin It button on image hover