Sunday, July 22, 2012

Summer Makeup Tips

Hello all!

This has been a really tough Summer, weatherwise. Here in Chicago, it's been upwards of 90ish/80ish and at times over 100 degrees throughout these past few months. I've had a serious case of melty-face when it comes to my makeup and that has not been fun! I've since been looking into different techniques and products to try and come up with something that'll last more than a couple of hours.































Foundation

So far, I've found that liquid foundation is a no go. Mostly because I feel it's too hot to have such a thick product slathered on my face. Now, it doesn't normally feel thick on me, but it feels heavier because of the heat. For this, a tinted moisturizer or one of the new drugstore "bb creams" works better. They don't feel as heavy and I feel they allow my skin to breathe more easily. Plus, they look more natural (since they have less coverage), which is good for a natural summer look.

Unfortunately, these don't have the lasting power that liquid foundation has, since they are supposed to be worn without primer. So that presents another issue: to wear primer or not? For me, primer + TM/bb cream doesn't make too big a difference. Using powder to set and refresh has helped extend the look, but to be honest I find it better to wash my face at midday and reapply if I'm still out. It's not as easy as pressed powder, but my skin feels cleaner and refreshed, which I prefer.

I have a rotation of TM and bb creams that I'm using right now; Laura Mercier's tinted moisturizer, Garnier's Skin Renew BB cream, Maybelline's Dream Fresh beauty balm.

Blush


As for blush, there is a simple solution. My go to product is usually the powder blush, but this has no lasting effect in Summer. It's gone after a good solid hour. That will just enhance the sweaty zombie look--no good! So, I tried cream blush. But that didn't last too long either. At most, a few hours. While reading up on Summer makeup tips, I found that combining the two textures (like combining foundation and powder) makes blush last a lot longer. And it really does work so much better! I've found that with the combination of cream and powder blush my blush is lasting for nearly eight hours. Not bad!

I use a variety of blushes, but for the cream blush I tend to use Revolution Organics' Freedom Glow beauty balm in Sunkissed. I like the packaging of this one and I carry it around everywhere.


Eye


















I don't know if you're like me, but when it comes to Summer eye makeup, I get a bit lazy. I'll go all out for a special occasion, but for daily wear I'll opt for something very simple like just liner. The best eyeliner formula for hot weather is cream/gel.

I use MAC's fluidline in Blacktrack, which lasts all day as long as you don't accidentally rub your eye (which I'm prone to doing).





















I hope these tips helped! I'm still on the hunt to find a better round of techniques for a special occasion look (which I'll be using on my sister's wedding day next month!!!), so look out for that in the coming weeks!

Makeup Used:
Face 
Maybelline's Dream Fresh beauty balm in Medium/Deep
Revolution Organics Freedom Glow Beauty Balm in Sunkissed
MAC Sweet as Cocoa

Eyes
Urban Decay primer potion in Greed
MAC Patina
Urban Decay Buck
MAC Tempting
MAC Woodwinked
Urban Decay Darkhorse
Urban Decay Hustle
MAC fluidline in Blacktrack
MAC Brun for eyebrows

Lips
Chapstick


-Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Giggle Blush

Pin It button on image hover