Saturday, March 10, 2012

Myglam - March 2012

A day after I received my first Birchbox, I got my March Myglam box/bag? in the mail! I didn't think I'd be receiving it till Monday, so that was a nice surprise.

Although I was scouring makeup sites for hints on the March Birchbox, I tried to stay away from the Myglam facebook page. There's just been so much negativity from members, non-members of the service that I just don't want to watch all that drama unfold. I have been irked a few times enough to reply to some girls (really? you still don't know why they haven't opened up subscriptions or are trying to resolve issues through a fan site?) I really feel for the Myglam team when they are faced with the same questions they've recently responded to.


Sorry, didn't mean to get into a bit of a rant back there!

What I was trying to say was that I've been avoiding their facebook fan page, because I didn't want to get sucked into negativity before even getting the box/bag.

And I'm glad I did. I actually really like this month's bag!

Here's what was included:

Keracolor Color Enhancing Leave-in Treatment
Pur-lisse Pur-Lip Comfort Daily Lip Nourisher
Pur-lisse Pur-Protect SPF 30 Essential Daily Moisturizer
Murad Eye Lift Perfector
DermStore $25 Gift card
AND a Myglam Classic Crease Brush & Case




This will be my first time trying out any of these brands, which is what Myglam is all about.

There are a few big differences between this bag and the last:

1. I will actually be able to use ALL of the products included in this bag!

2. I'm all for trying new products and usually don't mind where they come from, but I tend to stay away from mall kiosk type brands (for various reasons, mostly they just haven't worked out for me in the past). I'm glad that this month, we did have brands that aren't necessarily 'well known,' but seem to have a good reputation.

3. Myglam commissioned a brush for subscribers and I thought that was pretty cool! The brush isn't professional quality and it's a bit big for my eyes, but I still really appreciate the thought and I'm sure I'll use it in the future.

All in all, I thought this bag was a huge improvement from the last. They had planned this one before the meetings they held on improvement, so I really can't wait to see what the next bags will bring!



Full review: April 5, 2012

Keracolor leave-in treatment
  • I still have yet to use the Keracolor leave-in treatment, because I had recently self-dyed my hair at home and…it’s not so great. I am dying to try out this treatment, but really want to use it after I get rid of the bad dye job.
Pur-lisse lip nourisher
  • I LOVED the Pur-lisse lip nourisher. I would apply my previous lip balm over and over throughout the day, and my lips would never feel completely moisturized. The first day I used the Pur-lisse product, I used it once and didn’t have to reapply—which was shocking. It has a strange…non-smell? It doesn’t smell enough to be bothersome, I suppose. I almost wish it did have some kind of smell, but I also find the nicer smelling lip balms to be more drying.
Moisturizer & Eye lift perfector
  • I have yet to try out the moisturizer and eye lift perfector, because I’ve been finishing off a few other products. I’m not sure how well these small samples will work for testing, but I guess we’ll see!
Myglam brush
  • As for the Myglam brush, I thought the commission of a brush was a very nice gesture on their part. I have used the brush a few times and it is a little too big for my eyes. I’m not sure what to use it for yet, but brushes are versatile and I’m sure I’ll find a use for it. Maybe to sweep some highlighter across my cheek bones or to quickly pack on eyeshadow for a soft look. 

A lot of people were complaining about the smell the brush and case had when they arrived in the mail. I was a little put off by the smell, as well, but neither product smelled after a few hours of being left to air out. I read some subscribers threw them out because they couldn’t stand the smell, but I think that’s a bit excessive. What glue do you think is used on any of the brushes or products we use? Do you think it doesn’t smell when it’s first applied? Perhaps Myglam made a mistake in sending out the brushes too soon after they’d been manufactured but, like I said, airing them out for a few hours got rid of the smell.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Giggle Blush

Pin It button on image hover