Friday, March 9, 2012

March - Updates and First Birchbox!

March is off to a nice start! Had the week off work, because the kids were in testing. Started my spring break off school. Ordered a giant concha pillow (link) for ridiculous, unjustifiable, but awesome reasons. Myglam should be arriving any day now. AND I got my first Birchbox today.
















I've been trolling around beauty blog sites to figure out the items for this month's box for the past week, because I'm not big on surprises. Getting these mystery boxes in the mail is a bit of a new things for me, haha.

As a new member, I was guaranteed the special "Teen Vogue Birchbox." When I found out there were only four possible TV boxes, I was ecstatic. All four boxes contain, in my opinion, a great combination of items.

So which box did I get??

















In this month's box:

Essie Luxeffects polish in As Gold as it Gets
Kate Spade perfume sample in Twirl
Kerastase Elixir Ultime
Tarte lip tint in Lucky
Twistband hair tie - lime green

and a ModCloth "exclusive offer"/coupon for $10 off $75


























Essie Luxeffects polish in As Gold as it Gets
  • I wasn't expecting to receive a full size nail polish in my box, so I was pretty excited about that! I've never been much of a nail polish gal, so it's nice to not only try out a new polish, but one that has a different texture to it. The nail polish picture didn't show up as well as I'd hoped, because of this insanely orange color I had on, so there's that! I do wish the color were easier to take off. It took a pretty long time to get all that gold sparkle out, but that's to be expected from this type of polish.
Kate Spade perfume sample in Twirl
  • I wasn't too fond of this perfume. It reminds me of a mixture between baby powder and hairspray. Not something I'd wear on a regular day or for a night out. 

Kerastase Elixir Ultime
  • After only a few uses, I can already tell this is making a difference. I use this product after showering, which leaves my hair in a much nicer state than letting it air dry. I wish this came in a bigger sample bottle, haha. I will definitely be purchasing this!

Tarte lip tint in Lucky
  • I've been wanting to try this out for the longest time. Unfortunately, I ended up with a shade that's too light for my skin tone. This product doesn't feel heavy on my lips and I love the slightly minty taste. The texture and feel has made me want to try out a different color from this brand, which I think is what these boxes are all about, so I think this is still a great inclusion.

Twistband hair tie - lime green
  • I'll be honest, I wasn't too excited to receive this. I don't get the appeal over regular hair bands. 

+ModCloth "exclusive offer"/coupon for $10 off $75
  • I'm not sure this will get much use, but I appreciate the coupon. I'll probably end up handing it off to a friend who has a style more along ModCloth's lines.

Also getting used to this new photo editing app, Diptic. What did you guys think? I'm trying out alternatives to my camera, so bear with me. I'm hoping to have a new detailed FOTD soon, but I might just be forced to fix the camera situation for that. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Giggle Blush

Pin It button on image hover