Sunday, September 30, 2012

Birchbox - Sept 2012

{What was in this month's box}:
Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25+
The Brush Guard variety pack
Fekkai Essential Shea shampoo and conditioner
Birchbox and Color Club custom collection nail polish in "Put a Pin in it"
twistband Lace up for Fall
BVLGARI Mon Jasmin Noir


Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25+
If only this weren't tinted, it would be a nice moisturizer. Unfortunately, it's a pretty noticeable too-light color for my face. 

The Brush Guard variety pack
The Brush Guard! I think for some subscribers this item was a bit of a question mark. I've actually purchased a few of these in the past and love them. I don't use them every time I wash my brushes, but there is a difference in the way the brush dries. I feel it stays truer to form when the brush guard is used, but don't always use it because it takes longer for the brushes to dry. I do appreciate receiving this mini pack!

Fekkai Essential Shea shampoo and conditioner
I'm not a big fan of the packet shampoo/conditioner type samples, because I feel a lot of the product gets wasted as it's not easily transported or stored. I have yet to try this duo, but I have positive expectations because I've heard good things about the brand. 

Birchbox and Color Club custom collection nail polish in "Put a Pin in it"
This color is absolutely gorgeous! I was so disappointed when I got it. I did not expect to like it at all--it seemed like just a boring shimmery brown. The polish actually contains these beautiful pink undertones to it that make it one of the most unique brown polishes I've ever owned. I am head over heels for this color!

twistband Lace up for Fall
These don't work for me as my hair is too thick. This twistband has a pretty blue design, but it's not an item I would ever purchase for my hair.

BVLGARI Mon Jasmin Noir
This was a tough scent to describe. It's not quite sweet, not quite floral, not quite overpowering, but somewhat punchy. There was a little bit too much going on for me. Wearing this perfume would make me dizzy, so that's a no go for me. However, this might be something you'd like if you are into stronger scents. 

I was a bit underwhelmed with this box when I received it, but there are actually a few gems in here for me. You won't always get a box you love 100%, but if you get a few samples you love- it could be worth checking out.

You can subscribe to Birchbox through my referral linke {here} or go to Birchbox.com

What did you think of this month's Birchbox? What was in your box?

-Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Giggle Blush

Pin It button on image hover