Monday, September 3, 2012

Review: Boscia's Luminizing Black Skin Care Kit

Happy Labor Day! 

Here's a lovely picture of what I did today:


A few weeks ago, I stopped by a Sephora in J.C. Penney on the way home from school. I'd never been to one of these, so I was curious to see what they carried. I was pretty lucky to find the last box of Boscia's Luminizing Black Skin Care Kit. I was even given a small discount, because the box was a little dinged up. Thanks, Sephora!! :)

Ever since trying out Boscia's amazing black cleanser, I've been dying to try out some of the other products they carry. At $25, this box was pretty inexpensive for the chance to try out three of their top items.

{The box came with}:
Luminizing Black Mask
Pore Purifying Black Strips
No Pores No Shine T-Zone Treatment


Luminizing Black Mask
I've wanted to try this guy since they first announced it a few...months? a while?...ago. After using this mask, my skin does feel a bit softer and cleaner. The mask hardened quite a bit, while it was drying. Also, it wasn't easy to remove this peel-off mask. I would suggest simply washing it off instead. The only downside is that it does have a chemical smell to it.

Pore Purifying Black Strips
These are pretty great! I've used two (the kit included three) and they've worked well both times. I'm not sure if these are worth the splurge. I think they work just as well as the Biore Strips. 

No Pores No Shine T-Zone Treatment
I've never used an anti-shine blackhead treatment, so this was a first for me. The treatment was really tingly. Does that mean it's working? Well, I can't say that I've noticed a difference, because I've only used it once. I will report back on this later. 


While this kit has since been discontinued, the full size versions of these are still available and Sephora has always been very generous with their samples.

Have you tried any of Boscia's Black Skincare line? What did you think?

-Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Giggle Blush

Pin It button on image hover