Monday, April 29, 2013

Kryolan: Letting Creativity Out

This month marks my one-year anniversary working for my preschool. It's been such a crazy journey; I have both amazing and some sad memories (kids leaving the school, being switched to a different location), but the biggest change I've seen this year has been my confidence.

I've never been the most confident person. I've been through a lot in life that has actually caused me to doubt and limit myself. Maybe someday I'll write about what I've been through, but today I just want to talk about the positives.

A kind note from one of the parents, she wrote in Spanish! (I blurred out the names)

Working in the baby room, I've been encouraged to let my creativity loose. Every month, the lead teacher asks me to paint something on the class window. It's the first classroom all the children and parents pass by. I've never been put on the spot to let my creativity flow like this. While I paint, the children pass by and are so excited to see the process from start to end.

I spliced two pictures together for a good shot of this one!

I've been so inspired lately and I began to wonder if I could do something more with this. This may seem like a strange leap to make, but I've started to face paint. 

My face, my husband's face.







And, although I still have so much to learn, I'm having a BLAST! 

A few weeks ago, I went out to Kryolan in downtown Chicago and got some face paints + brushes. This is slowly turning into my newest obsession. If you follow my Instagram, you will clearly see how crazy I've gotten with this. I'd like to point out that these are not my original designs, but designs I've based on some I've seen online. I'm still learning how to face paint!!

I'm heading into finals week, so you may not hear much from me for the next week or so. Check out my Instagram and Twitter if you'd like to keep up with me.

Until then, 
-Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Giggle Blush

Pin It button on image hover