Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Birchbox - January 2013

{In this month's box}:
Embyolisse: Lait-Creme Concentre - 24-Hour Miracle Cream
Number 4 - Clarifying Shampoo
theBalm Cosmetics - Hot Mama
Aerie Shimmer Fragrance

**Extra**Deborah Lippman - the Stripper to go
"2013 - Best Year Ever" Booklet


Embyolisse: Lait-Creme Concentre - 24-Hour Miracle Cream
I've been dying to try this cream out for a while, ever since I discovered it's considered a "holy grail" item for some makeup artists. A few months ago, this brand was actually introduced into Birchbox and I crossed maybe all my fingers and toes hoping to get the cream in my box. I didn't! So, I decided to use my stockpiled points to get it from the Birchbox store instead.
...
Well, I wasn't expecting to get it this month, but it's nice to have a backup. The cream itself is very nice. It can be used as a primer, moisturizer, and face wash. I haven't used it as a face wash, but I do use it as a combination moisturizer and primer, and it works pretty well. It is a bit heavy on my dry skin, so if you have combination or oily skin, don't overdo it. 


Number 4 - Clarifying Shampoo
I'm not overly excited about this shampoo. Shampoo is not something I necessarily change up too often and I've been burned by shampoo samples before (see Glossybox - July/August), so these types of samples make me a bit skittish. At first smell, I was surprised by its nice, soft perfume scent, but as the smell settled into my hands (ok, maybe not the best test spot!) it began to smell more like a sweet-smelling hair dye. I'll update this later once I've tried this out.


theBalm Cosmetics - Hot Mama
Hot Mama is quite nice! I've been really taken with all the samples from theBalm I've received. Hot Mama is a duo blush and highlighter in a "universally flattering shade." I'm not sure about the universal part, but it could potentially be used as simply a highlighter for darker skinned girls. On me, this blush is almost on the cusp of being too light, but not quite there. It reminds me a bit of NARS' "Orgasm" and MAC's "Stereo Rose." I'll definitely be doing some comparing later! The sun has set, guys :(

Aerie Shimmer Fragrance

OOF. This one is a bit strong for me! I loved the packaging, though! The perfume sample came wrapped like a piece of candy. Cute!

**Extra**Deborah Lippman - the Stripper to go
Apparently these are nail polish remover mitts. I'm not sure yet what that means or how easy this'll be to use. I am switching nail colors soon, so this will be interesting to try out!

**Extra**"2013 - Best Year Ever" Booklet
This month's box came with an expandable booklet 25 tips to the "best year ever." It comes with some pretty cool tips and drawings. I'm already looking for a place on my wall to hang it up. I really appreciated receiving this booklet!


This month's box had some pretty nice things and some iffy things. I really loved the theme for this month. All in all, I think it a was a good start for Birchbox 2013!

You can subscribe through my referral link {here} or just go to Birchbox.com

What did you think about this month's Birchbox? What was in your box?

-Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Giggle Blush

Pin It button on image hover