Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Maybelline Color Tattoos - Fall 2012 Collection

I'm on a Maybelline-Color-Tattoo-reviewing rush right now and I thought I'd review their Fall 2012 Collection. Although this set is no longer available in stores, you can still find the bases online or use these swatches as references for future purchases. Hope this is helpful!

Click below for swatches and more!


 Rich Mahogany, Mossy Green, Barely Beige, Gold Shimmer, Bad to the Bronze

Rich Mahogany
"Rich Mahogany" is a beautiful dark brown with subtle copper shimmer. I'm not sure that I'd wear this all over the lid, unless used for a very basic smoked-out eye. It is so dark it might overpower any other color used.

Mossy Green
This eyeshadow base was my favorite from the Fall 2012 Collection. I don't feel that my picture did this one enough justice. Although it is green, I feel this one could be pretty versatile and paired with either warm or cool colors.

Barely Beige
"Barely Beige" is a frosty, light champagne beige. It is quite similar to Maybelline's newest addition "Barely Branded," though that one is slightly more yellow.

Gold Shimmer
"Gold Shimmer" is pretty different from "Bold as Gold" from Maybelline's permanent line. "Gold Shimmer" is more of a darker, antique or slightly rusted gold. I swatched "Gold Shimmer" next to "Bad to the Bronze." They looked a bit similar in their pots, but from the swatch you can see they are very different colors. "Gold Shimmer" is...gold, while "Bad to the Bronze" is a much lighter, shimmery bronze color.



-Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Giggle Blush

Pin It button on image hover