Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Maybelline Color Tattoos - Metal Collection


































Click below for swatches and more!


Inked in Pink, Electric Blue, Barely Branded, Barely Beige, MAC Painterly

Electric Blue
I've been wanting a navy blue eye color for a while. I was excited when the Jewel-tone collection came out with "Blue on By," but was disappointed when I read from reviews that it was thin and hard to build up. "Electric Blue" hit the nail on the dot! It's a beautiful, deep navy blue shade that is very easily built up to the color of the pot. I was initially worried about picking this up, because I thought it'd be a dud. I'm so happy I was wrong.


Barely Branded
I wasn't sure if I should pick this one up or not in stores, but decided to because it looked pretty different from the eyeshadow bases I currently own. Here I've swatched it next to one of Maybelline's limited edition shades from Fall 2012, "Barely Beige," and my MAC "Painterly" paint pot. I struggled to get a good shot of the bases so the differences could be more noticeable. The new base, "Barely Branded," has more of a yellow tint to it, while "Barely Beige" leans more towards a champagne tone. Do you need both? No, but seeing as how "Barely Beige" is no longer available, that should make the choice easy!

Barely Branded, Barely Beige, MAC Painterly

Inked in Pink
"Inked in Pink" was the first eyeshadow base I was sold on from this collection. I currently don't own anything like it. From online swatches it looked like it might turn a bit too frosty on my skintone, but it's actually still pleasantly pink.

Inked in Pink, Electric Blue, Barely Branded


I've been obsessed with Maybelline's color tattoos since the first collection hit stores last year. They've had a few limited edition collections since their first line (Jewel-tones, Fall 2012). Well, I'm happy to say that the new line of color tattoos will be joining the permanent collection! Don't worry about having to hunt these down, they'll be around for a while!

What do you think about the new color tattoos? Will you be picking any up?

-Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Giggle Blush

Pin It button on image hover