Saturday, January 19, 2013

VIB Tarte Trio & How-to

Hello guys! I wanted to show you something I recently came across that is pretty amazing. Last month I received the Tarte "High Performance Naturals" kit through Sephora's VIB program. Though it's no longer available, these items can still be purchased in stores.
(credit - Sephora)
{The kit included}:
Pure Maracuja Oil
Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 mascara
MultiplEYE Lash Enhancing primer


 Pure Maracuja Oil
I don't know what it was about this bottle that made me want to take a nice, big whiff of the oil, but I did and it smelled...oily. I think it's because the bottle itself is very pretty. It could almost pass for a quirky perfume bottle. The packaging itself doesn't explain how to use the Maracuja oil, which is a bit disappointing. I'm assuming it is like most of the oils I've tried and can be used for various things; from your hair to your face and all the above. This oil is very nice on my hair, but I can't say that it's any better from the oils I've tried previously, though I haven't been using it for too long. 

Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 Mascara 
& 
MultiplEYE Lash Enhancing Primer
I'll admit I don't know too much about mascara. All I can tell you is "this one made my lashes clumpy" and "this one did not!" Basically, I can tell what looks good for my lashes, but I couldn't explain to you the different brush types or the why's. This mascara and primer duo work amazingly well together. My lashes look well-curled in a way that is not too obvious -- no lash clumping here! I know I said before I'd found my HG mascara, but this one is just so good! I would recommend this duo for someone with lashes that doesn't need volume, however, because these don't do too much for that.

________________________________________________________________
{Four steps to curl my lashes today}:

  1. I started by curling my lashes with a Revlon curler. 
  2. I followed with Tarte's MultiplEYE Lash Enhancing primer and let that sit for a bit. 
  3. I then applied Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes 4-in-1 mascara, using a wiggling motion. 
  4. Lastly, I ran a lash comb through my lashes to get rid of clumps. 

 Here are my eyelashes before and after curling my lashes

 Here's a better picture showcasing the length of my lashes before and after curling.

My lashes are pretty long already, but this mascara added a bit more length - NICE!

This was a pretty good set of minis! I had never tried out any of Tarte's products. I'm glad I got to try this out, because I'd happily shell out for all three of these in stores. 


Have you tried this set? What did you think?

-Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Giggle Blush

Pin It button on image hover