Thursday, January 31, 2013

NOTD - Turquoise Chevron

I've seen these nails around pinterest quite a bit and I finally decided to try it out myself!



What I used:
Essie Protein Base Coat
Essie "Good to Go," topcoat
L'Oreal "Not a Cloud in Sight"
Sinful Colors "Snow Me White"
Expo Dry Erase marker, black



I didn't have a black nail pen or a regular fine tip marker, so I decided to just use my dry-erase marker. I mostly wanted to see if I could pull it off. I think it came out pretty ok!

My tip for...using a dry erase marker...is wait for it to dry a bit, then lightly apply a topcoat. I did this twice, as the topcoat did remove the marker very slightly.

Here's the dreaded left hand:

Not so bad!


The inspiration:
credit to: hiyapapaya.com

From the picture, you can see she used nail tape for the look. Bear me with me, because I used none!


Have you tried out chevron nails? Show me your pictures!

-Claudia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for Giggle Blush

Pin It button on image hover